Editor Bella Brodie reports
For holidaymakers, being able to access relevant information while on a park is highly useful. On parks, this is something park-owners recognise.
Over the last 12 months Key Digital have been developing an exciting new digital platform for holiday parks which does this, and it’s now rolling out across many UK holiday parks.
David Lakins MD said, “We think this is going to be a game changer for holiday park owners and their marketing teams. Being totally unique to the caravan and holiday park sector, Holidaymaker uses smart technology to deliver a better experience for holiday guests across a number of guest-facing devices including a sophisticated mobile app.”
“We’re able to deliver significant benefits for both guests, park owners and marketing teams. This is done primarily by leveraging smart phone technology that almost every guest carries in their pocket and other digital devices already used on holiday parks.”
As an innovative platform, Holidaymaker integrates with existing booking systems and websites to give personal messaging and notifications. This ensures park guests get the very latest news, updates, offers and park information. What’s more park owners can manage the content for their website, app, tablets, digital signage and more all in one place!
BENEFITS TO PARKS
- A bespoke park app – Whilst other digital channels are designed to encourage new bookings, Holidaymaker allows you to encourage more spend whilst your guests are on your park.
- Push notifications – You’re in control to send personalised messages to inform holiday guests of upcoming events, promotions throughout their stay. Welcome your guests as they arrive on your park or simply thank them for staying with you.
- Intelligent FAQs – Address all of your guest’s common questions with our intelligent FAQ tool. Categorise your FAQs and include text, images, and videos. Cleverly these can also feed into a smart speaker skill which can be installed in your accommodation units.
- Smart Phone real estate – Have a presence on the phone screens of your customers
- WordPress controlled – Uniquely, Holidaymaker can be installed and controlled from your WordPress website so there is not a separate CMS required for you to log in to and manage the content.
- Re-bookings – Encourage guests to book again direct and save on OTA commission.
- Show your latest holiday homes for sale along with virtual tours and more – engage with potential home owners whilst they are still on your park.
BENEFITS TO THE HOLIDAY MAKER
- Pre-Arrival Information – Let your guests see all of your latest park health and safety information and know what to expect when they arrive.
- Welcome Packs – Create your welcome packs directly within your app – enhance them with easy to watch help videos and checklists.
- Interactive Maps – Let your guests orientate themselves with your park map and check where the all-important facilities are. Add opening times and additional information.
- Push notifications – Get notified of exclusive offers and deals.
- Booking engine integrations – Enter booking details and view holiday countdown and any balance outstanding on bookings. Integrations available with most booking systems.
We recently deployed the app component of the platform for Beverley Holidays in Devon. “We are delighted with how well this has been received and the great reviews it is attracting. We believe it is unique in the holiday park sector. 90% of guests at Beverley Holidays are arriving on their park with the app already installed – which means there is already a relationship made with their guests – before they have even arrived.”
“Launching our first ever app was a bit of a leap into the unknown for us. However, the two thousand plus downloads and 5-star reviews we’ve seen just in the first few weeks has shown that this is a great new tool for us to connect with our guests and a worthy addition to our suite of digital channels”. Claire Flower – Director, Beverley Holidays
Check out the app www.holidaymakerapp.co.uk